List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Companies backing khtml?
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-05-23 12:48:23

On Wednesday, 23. May 2001 15:27, Rob Kaper wrote:
> However, the Gecko "camp" has one good point: Gecko, being part of NS6 and
> all, has a lot of backing from major players (read: AOL) and because of its
> multi-platform existance more web developers will test their site with
> NS6/Gecko than Konqueror.

Actually, it's a bad point that leads to proprietary designs ("optimized
for...").
Konqui features favicon, and is faster during operation. And it's available
for embedded devices.
You should also mention that since Moz 0.6 Netscape is a "product based on
open standards" - and visiting StyleSheet pages with one of their 4.7
browsers shows there this leads to. No argument against Mozilla/Gecko, but
AOL own Netscape, so this is not worth discussing about.

Hm, I do Konqui-driven web development at work, does this count? :-)

Josef