List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: cvs - in the way, move it away!
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-22 19:05:33

On Monday 21 May 2001 21:50, Nils Holland wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2001 20:34, David Faure wrote:
> > Well, are the entries in CVS/Entries correct or not ?
>
> They should be. I didn't change them, and I didn't switch to another
> server. Addictionally, there's no one around here who could have changes
> the entries, so they must be correct. Oh, and the CVS/Entries files are
> definately there and they look good, too ;-)
>
> > If they are there's something wrong (and the question is why cvs doesn't
> > use them as it should) If they are not correct [this case includes, if
> > they are missing :)], then you do need to re-checkout.
>
> Well, for a test, I deleted my local kdoc dir. Then I did a cvs co kdoc.
> When everything was on my machine, I tried a cvs up kdoc, and in fact, I
> didn't get the error messages anymore! I got nothing at all, which is a
> sign that cvs found out that there's nothing to update. This is the
> behavior I wanted to see all of the time!
>
> The question is what I should do now. Well, I'm currently putting together
> a nice little script that will get my favorite KDE packages again over the
> night. I hope that this will make my problems go away...

I get the same problems you are experiencing too once in a while. Lazy as I
am I mostly just decide to re-checkout all of it (I'm on 100mbit, and my
neighbour runs a cvs mirror :). But seriously, I don't have a clue what could
be the cause. I'm going to try and do a 'cvs up' in the module directory
itself, perhaps that helps (can't see why though).

Good luck,

Jelmer Feenstra