List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Big Crash
From:       Florent Pillet <florent.pillet () opteway ! com>
Date:       2001-05-21 8:27:15

On Friday 18 May 2001 21:41, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> I have such crashes occasionally (once a week; since a few weeks) and I
> suspect arts to cause them! Sometimes arts stops to output any sound and
> fills all its cache. Then when I logout in time, it starts to play all the
> cached data and I hear lots of beeps and music. But when I don't log out
> soon enough, the cache seems be overrun and crashes X. I end up in kdm. I
> don't get dr.konqi or kernel messages,  that's why I haven't posted a bug
> report yet. The bug is hard to track down!

I get those crashes with recent CVS too, particularly when browing using
Konqueror. I'll try to see whether it still causes the same problems with
today's CVS, it was particularly bad and frightening.

I got several bad crashes when browsing the Debian web site with last week's
CVS.

--
Florent Pillet, Software Architect. e-mail: fpillet@opteway.com
opt[e]way S.A., 2881 route des cretes, BP 308