List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New kdbug areas?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-19 14:26:21

On Saturday 19 May 2001 17:09, Fritz Elfert wrote:
> Just a short question:
> Who assigns official new entries in kdebug.areas? I would like to have
> three new entries for kio_plp, libplpprops and kpsion and i don't have cvs
> write access.

Well, since those applications are not in KDE's CVS (are they?), is there much point
in adding the kdebug.areas entries in CVS ? I mean, this is especially useful
for kdelibs because app developers can turn off messages from the libraries
they're using. For applications, isn't kdDebug() enough ?
I know a fair amount of apps use areas, but that's mainly for the developer of the
app, no ? In that case, adding the areas in your local copy of the file should
be enough...
Somehow we can't add all the existing KDE apps in kdebug.areas, it doesn't make
sense (and in the end it would slow down all apps a little, since this file is parsed).