Hi, I want to maintain a list with RegExps and the associated event handler that should be executed when the input mathces the expression. Looking in the Qt sources I discovered that slots are actually just a const char *, so I created the following class: class InputFilter { public: InputFilter( const QString &pattern, QObject * receiver, const char * member ); void exec( QString line ); }; The idea was to run the event handler from exec() in the way e.g. QTimer::singleShot does. But that doesn't work because the QSignal that is used there doesn't take arguments. What I want to call is receiver->member( line ); where member is the name of the member as a usual slot and line is a QString. Maybe I need more parameters later on, BTW, but for now the QString suffices. How can I do this (or what part of Qt does the same thing, so I can look there) ? The classes that I tried only emitted their own signals, but I couldn't find a place where a signal handler is explicitely called. The only solution I can think of is emitting a signal from exec that can be connected upon object creation time, but that adds an extra line of code to each object (the connect) and probably a bit more overhead. Is there a better solution than that? TIA, Martijn >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<