List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Arrows: indication sort direction of columns
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 20:54:19

On Wednesday 16 May 2001 06:42 am, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2001 11:59, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > Are you also suggesting e.g. "yesterday (15th) << today (16th) <<
> > tomorrow (17th)"? I'm used to look ahead, not backwards ...
>
> Yes, today is more important than yesterday, so I it's <<, the larger side
> of the relation is more important. It's no arrow, an arrow is this "<-" and
> the kmail box doesn't show an arrow, but a triangle.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

It's obviously a matter of perception confused by arrows and triangles. If
there were arrows there they'd be to small to make out. Doesn't it seem that
a triangle is one way to represent the tip of an arrow? Expecially in a
confined space. If so it seems the only reason to turn the arrow upside down
and break the shaft off is to be like MS.

BTW I note the arrows, er... triangles on the panel by the K, on the hide
buttons, the task bar menu, the desktop pager and the new taskbar items that
launch menus for multiple windows... in each case these little triangles
function logically as the pointer part of an arrow. Should we invert them
too? What about scrollbars?

It seems to me one of the areas KDE outshines windoze is knowing which way is
up. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon                    sequitur@kde.org
A member of the Quanta+ Web development team