List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with printing
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz-home () cobol2java ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 18:23:03

My cvs is being built every morning (good use of machine usage until I can
remember back my name, drink something, answer zillion emails and doing some
work), so my CVS is from today...

I have done more testing (we need the cups support or they'll hang me from my
neck - I promised to my managers that cups would print with all the apps
including konqueror without any problem) - and I found some more interesting
stuff..

1. Print slashdot pages - you'll get tons of black (most of the white
background around the text boxes becomes black).

2. I made sure that I'm on CUPS in the print system - that didn't help me -
now, looking closer at the situation reveals that the printing menu -
"current" is grayed out - but I can specify some pages (that doesn't help
either) - and it still only prints the last page on konqueror..

The funny thing is - that preview shows it perfect, as well as a PS output..

3. PS output - again, on slashdot, it spits out a file which is not readable
not by ghostscript and not by Adobe's Acrobat reader.

Finally - a small suggestion - can the PDF output will have as default the
filename "print.pdf" instead of "print.ps" please?

Thanks,
Hetz