List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Arrows: indication sort direction of columns
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-15 21:38:59

On Tuesday 15 May 2001 08:49, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Did anyone mention already that the arrows indicating the sort order of
> columns in  KDE (mail) and MS (outlook) mean just the opposite?
> KDE: the top of the triangle points to the highest value
> MS: the top of the triangle points to the lowest value
>
> somwhat irritating if using both system concurrently.

Ferdinand, I understand your frustration. But you agree that you asking KDE
to change is not based on logic, but on the fact that you surely won't
convince MS to do it.

A triangle pointing up, i.e. with the basis down, pictures to me better the
ordering of messages in a folder. The lowest priority item is at the bottom,
just like the basis of the triangle is at the bottom.

Now, just because MS, although got it wrong, won't be willing to change it,
should we bend ourselves backward and do it?

--
Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna@sympatico.ca
PhD Student .. ctibirna@giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna