List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fax application
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-15 17:13:58

Great news !!!!

On Tuesday 15 May 2001 18:08, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This weekend I wrote a small fax sending application. Basically it is
> intended to be used with the KDE print system, as now it can send to fax,
> but there's no KDE fax sending application anymore (ksendfax not ported to
> KDE-2).
>
> Main features are:
> 	- supports EFax and Hylafax (use child processes "fax" or "sendfax"
> 	  and the command line is configurable)

Does it support remote hylafax servers? IMHO necessary for office use where
only one hylafax server + modem is installed

> 	- use libkab for fax numbers, multiple fax numbers per entry supported
> 	- simple GUI supporting DND, uses KIO::NetAccess to support remote
> 	  files
> 	- implement any-to-PS filter to convert any file type into PS before
> 	  faxing. Filters are external programs (enscript, imagetops, ...),
> 	  configurable and defined on a mime type basis. For example you can
> 	  have this kind of entry "text/* enscript -E -p %out %in". With that
> 	  filter machanism, you can drop any file on the fax main window.
> 	- docked into the panel
>
> Questions are:
> - Would it be useful to integrate it into main KDE distribution ?

YES ;-)

> - If yes, where would it be put (for example kdebase/kdeprint) ?

As it seems to be part of the printing system ...

--
KDE 2 - current CVS on SuSE 7.1, X86Free 4.0.3

regards
Ferdinand Gassauer
mailto:f.gassauer@aon.at
mailto:gassauer@kde.org