List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with CVS (Re: KDE 2.2 beta 1, freeze)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-15 7:06:13

Dne út 15. kvìten 2001 07:06 Waldo Bastian napsal(a):
> Are these all seperate issues?
>
> On Monday 14 May 2001 21:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Just wondering, are people aware of the problems with config files not
> > being saved?
>
> No. Please describe.
>
> > I have problems that my key-bindings are not remembered between sessions,
>
> In which application? What do you mean with "sessions"?

 The problems with keybindings should be fixed already. If something still
doesn't work, yell.

> > when installing new software I have to run kbuildsycoca manually,
>
> Does kded run? Does it notice the new software and does it run
> kbuildsycoca?

 I can confirm this, too. My $KDEDIR is /opt/kde2, $KDEDIRS is
/opt/kde2:/usr, this is Mandrake 8.0 with glibc2.2, so KDirWatch should be
using Linux kernel support. If I change or add a file in
/opt/kde2/share/applnk, kbuildsycoca is run, this is not the case however if
I change e.g. /opt/kde2/share/applnk/Toys/ktip.desktop ( kded not watching
the subdirs ? ).

> > my
> > konsole that has a different shape/color does not get saved properly in
> > session management (and since yesterday my normal ones dont get saved
> > correctly either)
> >
> > CVS from sunday-evening, but problems are present for a month at least.
>
> Well, that's why we have releases once in a while ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

 Lubos Lunak
--