List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Actions and multiple top-level widgets
From:       Aurelien Gateau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-05-12 9:00:34

Hi,

I need help with an utility I'm developping. It's called Gwenview and it's a
simple image viewer for KDE. You can try it from here :

http://bugkiller.free.fr/gwenview/

What I'm trying to add is full screen support. After a few experiments, I
decided to create a specialized widget for full screen. This widget is
created as a top-level widget by the main window constructor. Whenever the
user enter full screen mode, I show my full screen widget by calling its
showFullScreen() method.

This works great except that I can't trigger my actions from this new widget
because they are associated with the main window. This means I loose all
keyboard shortcuts, which is quite annoying in full screen mode :o)

My question is : is there a way to associate an action with more than one
top-level widget ? or is there a simpler way to achieve what I try to do ?

Aurélien