List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Preliminary xinerama support
From:       Balaji Ramani <balaji () spinnakernet ! com>
Date:       2001-05-11 17:50:15

Hi,

I have added xinerama support to ksplash and kwin.  With this, ksplash
displays in the center of screen 0 (rather than being split between the two
screens).  The patch is against CVS as on May 11, 2001.  The patch can be
found at http://www.yablibli.com/~balaji/xinerama.patch

For kwin, the change is very small, but the effect is quite unexpected (!).
1. With smart placement turned on, windows open on the physical screen that
the mouse is.
2. When you maximize the window, it gets maximized only to the size of the
physical screen.
3. When you move a window from one physical screen to the other, you feel
resistance on the border of the two screens.

I further plan to add options to make these configurable options through
kcontrol.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Balaji