List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: For those who didn't look at the kde.com poll
From:       "Erik K. Pedersen" <epedersen () stny ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-05-10 13:42:07

Torsdag 10 Maj 2001 09:32 skrev Martijn Klingens:
> On Thursday 10 May 2001 14:27, aleXXX wrote:
> > Well, current konsole takes 1.8 seconds here (K6/200) if started without
> > kdeinit, approx. 1.3 seconds are spent by the linker, 0.3 seconds by the
> > kapp ctor. konsole from KDE 2.1 took 3.5 seconds to load.
> > This is what delaying stuff can bring :-)

After I upgraded to redhat 7.1 everything including all kde programs became
incredibly much faster. I don't know whether it is the new kernel or
improvements in the compiler, but this is a pentium 350, and it is a lot
faster than the pentium 600 I have at work running redhat 7.0 also with
kde2.1.1
netscape used to take around 20 seconds to load, and now it is around 4
seconds, so it is not only kde programs that are faster

Erik