Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2001 12:12 schrieb Stephan Kulow: > On Tuesday, 8. May 2001 19:14, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote: > > I ?strongly suggest "quality first". See all the 6000 open bug report= s > > and feature requests. > > IMHO most user will be prepared to wait a little bit longer if they = do > > not have to use other programms to do things which KDE can't. Hi, have some free time and will look on bugs.kde.org for old bugs which are=20 allready fixed (will test it) and will close them, perhaps it will help t= he=20 devs to know which bugs are open and which only RIP there ;) cu Christoph P.S. Won't close 10k of old bugs, no time for that ;) > > BTW: We urgently need at least three of four people cleaning up that me= ss > for us. I for one don't have the time to do the cleanup necessary. I tr= y my > best, but I can't do it. People still report bugs to "kde", "kdelibs", > "general", "unknown" that are all meant for some other package. > > Bugs have to be tried to reproduced with current CVS (khtml/konqueror c= ome > to mind). Bugs have to be classified. I know quite some examples where = I > read by Ferdinand that bug xxxx should be fixed and I could fix it with= in > an hour, even when not maintaining the code, but I wouldn't find such b= ugs > on bugs.kde.org. And I'm surely not the only developer having that prob= lem. > > Greetings, Stephan --=20 | | / / - get an edge in editing - | | / / =BB=BB=BB=BB GET KATE =AB=AB=AB=AB | |/ / a fast and capable multiple document, | \ multiple view text editor for KDE | |\ \ cullmann@kde.org | | \ \ http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<