List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fade out applet handles
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-05-08 16:58:08

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 12:41 am, Matthias Elter wrote:
 > Yes I tried to remove some overkill features as kcmkicker was to
 > crowded. I have asked people what they don't use at all and "fade out
 > applet handles" was one of that. Don't even think about starting a
 > discussion about this. It's gone ... at least the GUI. ;-)

Down in the trenches (#kde-users on IRC) we still get requests for it.

Making a decision on how a UI should work is one thing.  Removing twiddly
little things that don't affect the behavior of the app, but give the user
great satisfaction in customizing his desktop, is another.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

keyserver search.keyserver.net
Fingerprint 86EA ECD4 F258 FB1B D88F 9136 4F49 90F8 CD3E 5C1C