List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: TR: [Kde-games-devel] KHighscore setuid?
From:       Jeff Dickey <jdickey () seven-sigma ! com>
Date:       2001-05-06 21:33:01

Of course it would.  As I was trying to indicate in the original post, tongue
was firmly through cheek (if not wrapped around neck)....but IIRC the whole
thread got started because someone was arguing AGAINST setuid.    But as
George wrote earlier, you can never prevent root from doing ANYTHING on a
system.  After all, root is the system god, even if most roots are stuck in
the MUD :-)

Jeff

--
Jeff Dickey