List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fax/PDF/... integration in KDE print
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-05-06 19:32:16

> > I created by default 3 pseudo-printers:
> >       - a "Print to file" printer which saves PS
> great!
> >       - a "PDF writer" which saves PDF (using ghostscript)
> wow
> >       - a "Send to Fax" printer which starts ksendfax (still to be ported).
> GREAT! when do you think do you get that ready

The needed code for kdeprint is available on CVS. The rest is just a matter of
having the right 3rd party program, and editing an XML file (no graphical
configuration yet), have a look in kdelibs/kdeprint/specials.xml, the syntax
is really simple.
Concerning ksendfax, I'm not porting it myself, someone else started to think
about it yesterday. But you can still use other fax programs like gefax, you just
have to change the command in the XML file. As long as you can write in a shell
"<fax-program> <file-to-fax>", this is OK.

Bye.
Michael.