List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Two new classes with possible use for KOffice
From:       Sean Harmer <Sean.Harmer () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2001-05-06 19:23:14

On Sunday 06 May 2001 6:34 pm, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Anyway, there are some licensing issues with your code:
>
> - KDoubleRangeControl is declared GPL. We cannot add GPL'ed code to
>   kdelibs.
>
> - KDoubleSpinBox seems to be a cut&paste of QSpinBox with int replaced
>   by double. As Qt is licensed QPL/GPL, I'm not sure if we can add that to
>   kdelibs.
>
> Besides that, the code does not compile with QT_NO_COMPAT. Isn't it
> possible to provide the functionality by inheriting QSpinBox ?

I've changed the licensing to LGPL in my local copy now for
KDoubleRangeControl.

I've changed the KDoubleSpinBox code so that it now compiles with the
QT_NO_COMPAT flag. I use the QObject::isA() member function rather than
QStyle::operator ==().

I still can't see any other way of getting a spin box that can handle doubles
other than basically copying QSpinBox with doubles instead of ints though.
It's not possible to use templates with moc is it?

Anybody have any ideas how I could do this?

Many thanks,

	Sean