List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with URL complition since yesterday
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-04 18:48:39

On Friday 04 May 2001 07:46, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recompiled yesterday and today kdelibs/kdebase and found that (maybe it's
> intentional?) the URL bar behavior is changed...
>
> the situation right now is simple: you type the URL, and autocomplete works
> which is fine. Now -up untily esterday I needed to type my URL, and if
> auto-complete did the work fine then I just needed to press Enter and thats
> it..
>
> Since yesterday it's different - I pick up from the pull down the URL with
> arrows, then I get the autocompleted part in blue, and I have to press
> TWICE enter...
>
> Why???

Because you were pressing one of the modifier keys ???  If you pressed
either one of ctrl, shift or alt keys while pressing the enter button the
selected text will not be actiaved.  Instead it will simply be put the selected
item into the combobox or lineedit.  If this was not the case, then a bug
was introduced with the new "restore already typed text when pressing
escape" feature...

Regards,
Dawit A.