List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: optimizing
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-02 22:35:42

On Wednesday 02 May 2001 09:31, Jonathan Belson wrote:
> Hiya
>
> > On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:52:39AM +0200, ric Brunet wrote:
> > > That's good news. And what about qt ? Is it safe to build qt with
> > > -fno-exceptions, or do the part in KDE that need exception relies on
> > > exceptions being present in qt ?
> >
> > No, Qt doesn't need them, just add -no-g++-exceptions to Qt's ./configure
>
> What would happen if 'new' threw a bad_alloc?  Would a Qt application
> be able to catch it or would the application just crash?

Your application will terminate, that's basically also what happens when you
have exception support and don't catch the exception. I don't think you will
be able to recover gracefully in such a situation if you catch the exception.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com