List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirOperator
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2001-05-02 16:19:52

You wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2. May 2001 13:40, Anders Lund wrote:
>
> > Creating this widget would mean that apps can display directory listings
> > with previews even over the network, which would be kind of cool.
> >

> The application you seem to write seems a bit more advanced, so I wouldn't
> be
> suprised if it requires programming :)

I'm not, but I try do the Right Thing and not repeat code/work:)

> What is it?

It is an image viewer. Before you screem OH NO NOT ANOTHER IMAGE VIEWER
please note that IMHO
1) All image viewers in KDE has more or less cluttered GUIs.
2) Very few are taking advantage of all the cool KDE features (network
transperancy, advanced GUI features...)
3) I do this for learning as well, + to get to know what I can do with the
kde classes.

I posted a few screenshots at http://alweb.dk/kiviewshots.html if you wan't
to see what it looks like.

-anders