List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Font Installer (update)
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-05-02 8:36:23

> This looks great but I have one question before all others... does
this
> address anti-aliased fonts? The first thing anyone does that knows a
little
> about X11 fonts is get confused by the seperate configuration file
for
> xrender. If it does not address this it is falling short.

Hmm... I don't use ati-aliasing (I hate it) so
I've no idea how to configure xrender. However, if
you could send me some details - such as a copy
of your config file, where the file is located,
what options there are, etc., then I'll add
support.

> BTW there was a neat little utility for OS/2 that let you store fonts
by the
> group you wanted to load and you could dynamically add groups of
fonts when
> you were doing graphics work. This could be a great feature for font
control.
> Those of us with 1,000+ fonts agonize over the balance between fonts
and
> application load times.

I had thought about this - but I thought I'd wait
until after a first release. The way I was going
to do this was to just remove entries from the X
config file - so it would not look into the
fonts' directory, and then later it coudl be
re-added.

ciao

Craig.