List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: optimizing
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-01 16:13:52

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 00:36, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Carsten Pfeiffer
> > I had a look at WinXP recently and I noticed they delay everything as far
> > as possible. Using e.g. things like aboutToShow(). Even tab-dialogs
> > load/initialize tabs on demand, when showing a tab for the first time.
>
> Interesting. Is WinXP 'smooth' when switching tabs, etc ? I wonder
> if MS have noticed that it's better to delay initialisation. Shall I
> phone them up and ask ? ;)

Well they'll probably tell you everything is else is a lot faster :) My
experience with WinXP was that it felt rather fast, and actually quite a bit
more responsive when compared to KDE. But who wants to run WinXP with all the
networkactivity that is taking place without you asking for it.

Jelmer Feenstra