List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Web-"Smiley"
From:       David Nusinow <krmt1984 () ucla ! edu>
Date:       2001-05-01 2:51:56

On 30 Apr 2001 08:39:22 +0200, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> I just read that the Mac OS X browser iCab can draw a small simley that looks
> happy when a page without errors is shown. If the page has errors, the smiley
> looks unhappy, and the "unhappyness" is proportional to the number of errors
> in the page.
> What do you think about such a thing in the khtml part?

Well, does anyone know exactly what causes it to smile or frown? I found
this page about it:  http://www.icab.de/smile.html but it doesn't say
much more than "When you look at the Smiley (error report) in iCab
you'll see immediately if the web page conforms to the HTML
specification. False HTML code will often cause problems when viewed
with browsers which are not used by the author of the web page. We hope
that the Smiley in iCab motivates the authors of web pages to respect
the HTML specification. If they do iCab will smile. "
Anyone who's run the program have any more info on it?

- David Nusinow
   krmt1984@ucla.edu