On Montag, 30. April 2001 20:57 Rik Hemsley wrote: > --enable-debug. I think the konqy settings dialog is slow because > it must do some long initialisation at startup. It can probably be > made a lot faster. I had a look at WinXP recently and I noticed they delay everything as far as possible. Using e.g. things like aboutToShow(). Even tab-dialogs load/initialize tabs on demand, when showing a tab for the first time. Cheers, Carsten Pfeiffer >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<