List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Web-"Smiley"
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 14:44:51

Am Montag 30 April 2001 16:42 schrieb Rob Kaper:
> I think for developers of websites that does not matter: forgetting one
> close tag might indeed cause hundreds of unexpected decisions in a
> renderer.
>
> And about the w3c.. I doubt they would be bothered with the traffic (if
> this was a feature for developers only and not on by default), isn't it
> their dream for everyone to follow their specs and isn't that the sole
> purpose of having the on-line validator?
>
> Rob

Well, yet _but_ this will slow down konquerors action in total and waste
bandwidth. I am quite sure it would be possible to abuse some of khtml's
error handling routines to issue stats that can then be used to generate
something like a value (e.g. in percent) that shows khtml's "satisfaction"
with the current document. Setting up an iconset based on that value would be
the artists task then (themeable? ;)

</daniel>

--
KDE 2.1 - Conquer your Desktop!