List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: IOSlaves copy()
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 10:38:47

On Monday, 30. April 2001 10:38, Nicolas Justin wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to make an IOSlave.
> It seems that the copy() function is called only inside a protocol, am I
> right ?
Not just that, also the host name, the user and the passwd have to be the
same. Basicly it has to be the same root - this is all for simplifying the
task to write a slave.

> For example, I open a Konqueror window and go to my protocol:/, from an
> another window opened on file:/ protocol I drag a file to my protocol:/
> it's only the put() action that is called, not the copy() action.
Right.

> I want to know if there is a way to know the complete origin URL of the
> file that the user copy to my protocol. (I don't want the datas of the
> file).
hardly. It seems you don't want to write a slave :)

> And what is the difference between copy() and file_copy() action ?
file_copy is not a function in the slave, it's a job.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.