List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Detaching a KProcess ? Cancelling app exit ?
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-04-29 11:23:20

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to detach a running KProcess from
the main process.

When printing, part of the job is done in a separate child process started
with the NotifyOnExit flag. However when the main program exits, all child
processes are killed (because of the flag), which is not always what the
user wants. So I would like to know if it is possible to detach those
processes at run time, to continue printing even if the main program exits.

On the other hand, if I want to warn the user before the application exits,
where should I put an event filter so that a dialog appears asking the user
if he really wants to quit as print processes are still running, cancelling
the application exit if needed ?

What would be the best: detaching the print processes and warning the user
about it (processes would still be cancellable using the print job viewer),
or avoiding the application exit if the user wants to finish print
processes, killing the print processes if he quit application ?

Thanks.
Michael.