List:       kde-devel
Subject:    creating new mimetypes and changing the trash icon ( from empty to full )
From:       "Rafi Yanai" <rafiy () matav ! co ! il>
Date:       2001-04-28 20:53:15

hi,

i'm developing a file-manager for KDE 2.x ( Krusader ) and i have 2
questions:

1) i added an option to delete to the user trash directory (  from
KGlobalSettings::trashPath() )
    the files are moved to this directory but if the trash can was empty the
icon don't change...
    i thought that the trash directory was controlled by a KDirLister that
checks for new files
    and change the icon, but apparently that's not the case ( at least on my
system ).
    so question 1: how can i change the trash can icon from empty to full ?

2) i ran into another problem when i added ACE archives support to Krusader:
there is no mimetype
    for ACE archives. and since i use the mimetypes system to identify and
handle archives, i tried to
    add another mimetype *in my code* but so far without success.
    so, how so i create a new mimetype in my code or in Krusader install
process ?
    btw: i know it can be done from the control center, but i don't want
users to configure
            it themselves - i want ACE support "out of the box".

                hope someone can help

                                        rafi