List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Javascript undefined symbol.
From:       Hiro Protagonist <sd1324 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-04-27 6:55:00

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I startup konqueror (javascript enabled) with
"konqueror --profile Testing" and I head off to certain sites (slashdot.org, google.com) konqueror
crashes and gives the following error ( I don't have a crashdump because I striped the binaries )

3430 konqueror: KonqMainWindow::setCaption(Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters)
3430 khtml (xml): TIME: recalcStyle() dt=0
3430 kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=kjs_html: file=/opt/kde-2.2a1/lib/kde2/kjs_html.la:
/opt/kde-2.2a1/lib/libkjs.so.1: undefined symbol: __tfQ23KJS18SourceElementsNode
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = konqueror path = <unknown>

If I turn off javascript then the sites load without any problems.

If I startup konqueror (javascript enabled)  with "kfmclient openProfile Testing" and go to the
above sites they work fine.

Is this just a user problem i.e. konqueror is not meant to be started this way or is this an
actual bug?

Thanks

Rick