List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Questions on usage of imwheel
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-04-23 7:17:39

Hello
After downloading ,installing CD #1 of the new Mandrake 8.0 and
getting kde to run I found that MDK "automagically" runs imwheel
which IIRC KDE doesn't need. I know this is a packaging problem but
would someone verify that KDE doesn't need imwheel?

I found that the default MDK install screws up the wheel support in
at least KMail (I haven't tested others yet).

Problem description:
Trying to scroll the list of messages using the scroll wheel is impossible
the message scrolls no matter whether the message list is active or inactive.
IOW the only thing that scrolls is the message window.
FIX:
I fixed it by disabling the imwheel script in /etc/X11/xinit.d/imwheel by
commenting out all the lines.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world