List:       kde-devel
Subject:    LPD plugin updated in kdeprint
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-04-21 15:37:03

Hi,

I updated the LPD plugin on CVS today. It supports now basic operations
on printtool (RedHat) printers: add, remove, configure. For those who
are using RedHat+printtool, could you have a look and tell me the
problems you may have.
WARNING: this is alpha code, don't expect too much. Especially it is
not yet compatible with RH printtool (printtool won't recognize
printers if the printcap file is rewritten) as it relies on comments
in the printcap file, which are lost when rewriting this file. I hope
to fix it soon. So be sure to make a backup before using it, or use it
only for testing purpose.

Thanks.
Michael.