List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Application Model
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-20 19:23:02

On Friday 20 April 2001 13:00, gigafalk@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > No, we prefer that you store only a single document in a single view in a
> > single mainwindow.
>
> I haven't been at KDE since the beginning, so I'm just curious who
> actually invented the style guide. I read it but couldn't find a hint
> where the rules come from.

It's organically grown just like the KDE code. See e.g. cvs log
kde-style.html in the www module to see the predecessor of the current style
guide.

In general we have tried to put knowledge and decissions about what we
consider good UI design into the style guide.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com