David Faure wrote: > > On Thursday 19 April 2001 15:30, aleXXX wrote: > > Hi, > > > > can we please increment the version numbers of the libs in kdelibs from 3.0.0 > > to 3.2.0 or something like this for KDE 2.2 ? > > IMO this is exactly the purpose what these version numbers are for, otherwise > > how do you want do recognize whether libkdeui.so.3.0.0 belongs to KDE 2.0, > > KDE 2.1 or KDE 2.2 ? > > Once again: this is more dangerous than helpful. > An app linked to the kdelibs from KDE 2.0 will _NOT_ run properly > under a KDE 2.1 environment. We do we keep binary compatibility then ? I still haven't understood why discussion was made. Please enlighten me. > For instance it won't find klauncher since > its named has changed. That one we could have fixed. So what other arguments where there ? Harri. >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<