List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: applnk changes
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ob6 () inf ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-04-19 8:30:34

> > > (kdepasswd || konsole -caption "passwd" -e passwd) 2>/dev/null
> > >
> > kdepasswd could return a non-zero exit code for some reason.
>                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Which reason?

maybe, the author decides to return non-zero, when the user aborted
the change. the point is, that you want to depend on not guaranteed
behaviour.

> If so, IMHO something failed (e.g some shared lib not found) and
> then the konsole should take over also.

i thought about this. but this is not really a solution. in fact it's
bad, as it hides the problem. additionally, konsole will probably
fail to load anyway if kdepasswd failed.

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.