On Wednesday 18 April 2001 18:50, Waldo Bastian wrote: > Good question. First of all, whether the new file exists does not matter. > The contents of an existing config file will be preserved. The question is > what will happen if a key is about to be moved from one file/group/key to > another one, while the destination file/group/key already exists. Arghh. I should re-read what I wrote before posting!! This is actually what I meant and you answered that below. Sorry. Anyways, I assume mere replacement or relocation of a key from or within a group in the same config file is allowed as well ? No just moving b/n config files. > Currently it overwrites it, but I will probably make it so that the key will be > ignored if the desitnation key already exists. Maybe with an option to override > that on a key to key basis, but only if someone can point me to a case where that > is needed. Hmm... isn't it better to ignore this key update by default unless, as you state, an override is specified ? The existance of the key to be moved could potentially mean that the config file has somehow been manually updated already ? Think about a sysadmin who might update all his/her machines by making all the necessary modifications in a centeral test/setup machine and copying the resulting config files across. When a user then starts KDE it might end up overwritting the already set-up config files... BTW, how about just copying from one config file to another and instead of moving ? Would that be out of context for an updater ? This can be used to duplicate some existing keys with the user defined entries into new config files without removing them from the original one. Regards, Dawit A. > > Cheers, > Waldo >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<