List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Appologies for the recent down-time on webcvs
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2001-04-18 23:39:36

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 19:36, Michael Matz wrote:

> Uh oh.  Now Christopher needs to prepare for heavy scans by script kiddies
> I guess.  (I intentionally didn't wrote the results of nmap ;) ) Sorry
> that I started this on a public list, but this is usually the best way to
> make sure a server gets fixed.  Esp. prominent ones like *.kde.org.

A damn private note, belive it or not would have done the same thing. Since
when have I EVER failed to respond to an email message? I always respond and
I always work to get these things fixed. I do not have time to fix tonight,
as Thursday AM (My timezone would have been the earliest I could get to it).

Second, most are open for a reason. Since the list is already posted, I will
post again with some reasoning.  Just so I do not look like a total
incompetent.

9/tcp      open        discard
13/tcp     open        daytime

22/tcp     open        ssh                     = Open for remote access to
the machine.

23/tcp     open        telnet                 = no root access. Open for a
few users behind a firewall who use this machine.

25/tcp     filtered    smtp                    = This is my main mail hub.

37/tcp     open        time
53/tcp     open        domain

80/tcp     open        http                    = Web (I can close this one if
anyone wants me to )

109/tcp    open        pop-2                  Email Access w/passwd
110/tcp    open        pop-3                   Email Access w/passwd

111/tcp    open        sunrpc
119/tcp    open        nntp                    I maintain a news server.
Sorry, but it stays.
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
143/tcp    open        imap2 	    Email access.
631/tcp    open        cups                 My remote printing access.
733/tcp    open        unknown
2049/tcp   open        nfs                    For my use from remote.
2401/tcp   open        cvspserver           zine.kde.org
3306/tcp   open        mysql                   customer access
8080/tcp   open        http-proxy             customer access

8081/tcp   open        blackice-icecap