List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AudioCD - the saga continues... solved!
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-04-18 19:17:50

On Tuesday 17 April 2001 00:12, Michael Reiher wrote:
> Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 April 2001 13:35, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > > * Ferdinand Gassauer -- Saturday 14 April 2001 12:56:

> > > No, with it, just as I wrote. The question mark is the CGI style
> > > separator for path/command and arguments.
> >
> > With the ? I get an error
> >
> > The file or directory
> > /
> > does not exists
> >
> > How can I check that my installation is ok?
>
> I think I just had the same problem at my dads pc. He has two cd drives.
> One is /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdSomthing. audiocd:/ works perfectly with this.
> The other is /dev/scd0. But audiocd:/?device=/dev/scd0 gives me the above,
> as well.
> Cdparanoia(I think) wrote something to .xession-errors but no idea what
> that was anymore. Canīt check as Iīm not there anymore. However running
> cdparanoia manually on /dev/scd0 works just fine(just to show that the
> setup should be correct).
>
> Oh, and it was with current KDE_2_1_BRANCH.
>
> Greets
>
> Michael

audiocd:/?use_cddb=0&device=/dev/cdrom

finaly I managed to get auidocd to run :-)

permission problem :-|
cdparanoia troubleshooting says:

* a CDROM device must be readable, and a generic SCSI device (/dev/sg*) must
be readable AND writable by the user for cdparanoia to work.

caveat: in another statement  at the beginning of cdparanoia troubleshooting
they  only talk about "accessible".

--
KDE 2 - current CVS on SuSE 7.1, X86Free 4.0.3

regards
Ferdinand Gassauer

http://www.goesing.at