List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange mysql path problem in kdelibs, current cvs
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () conectiva ! com ! ar>
Date:       2001-04-16 23:11:15

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, dep wrote:

> On Monday 16 April 2001 04:33 pm, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>
> | And conectiva. The thing is, configure seems to ignore the
> | --with-mysql-dir option when this happens. I just ended symlinking
> | ;-)
>
> i did, too, but i'd have to recompile mysql, which was built against
> glibc-2.1, and i've since upgraded to 2.2, so it blew up again after
> *another* 90 minutes compile time. so i just did rpm -e mysql; we'll
> see how it goes this time.

Probably well :-)

> | It's for kdedb. And that's good if you want rekall to work.
>
> any reason why it isn't part of koffice, then? i thought they'd been
> unlinked. seems as if a message of the sort thrown when you try to
> compile kdelibs and don't have ssl, or try to compile kdebase and
> don't have libxml2 -- at the end of configure -- would make more
> sense, rather than pop a surprise after a long period of compiling.

There's a bug in all our distros. When the bug is fixed, the compilation
will work normally, it will just not build the mysql stuff, or it will
build it right.

Right now, it detects mysql, but it messes up.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@conectiva.com.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Director técnico
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Conectiva SA
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)