List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange mysql path problem in kdelibs, current cvs
From:       dep <dennispowell () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-04-16 23:08:24

On Monday 16 April 2001 04:33 pm, Roberto Alsina wrote:

| And conectiva. The thing is, configure seems to ignore the
| --with-mysql-dir option when this happens. I just ended symlinking
| ;-)

i did, too, but i'd have to recompile mysql, which was built against
glibc-2.1, and i've since upgraded to 2.2, so it blew up again after
*another* 90 minutes compile time. so i just did rpm -e mysql; we'll
see how it goes this time.

| It's for kdedb. And that's good if you want rekall to work.

any reason why it isn't part of koffice, then? i thought they'd been
unlinked. seems as if a message of the sort thrown when you try to
compile kdelibs and don't have ssl, or try to compile kdebase and
don't have libxml2 -- at the end of configure -- would make more
sense, rather than pop a surprise after a long period of compiling.
--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.