List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: strange mysql path problem in kdelibs, current cvs
From:       dep <dennispowell () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-04-16 20:24:27

On Monday 16 April 2001 03:10 pm, Alessandro Praduroux wrote:

| There is a problem with some distros (I know of SUSE) that put
| mysql libraries in /usr/lib but developement files in
| /usr/lib/mysql. The configure script finds a libmysqlclient.la in
| /usr/lib/mysql and tries to use that one to link the plugin. IMHO
| this is a problem in the distro, try edit libmysqlclient.la in
| /usr/lib/mysql and correct the path here (maybe not the most
| correct solution, but it should work).

it appears that you can add mandrake and caldera to the list of
distros who do this.

now. why does kde want to link to mysql to begin with? is there a
configure flag ( -- no-mysql?)  that jumps over this? i'm a little
puzzled over what this is supposed to bring to the table.
--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.