* Wolfgang Rohdewald -- Monday 16 April 2001 02:35: > On Sunday 15 April 2001 19:54, Melchior FRANZ wrote: > > * Rik Hemsley -- Sunday 15 April 2001 16:40: > > [nslookup nonexistant.com while offline] > > > > > You should get a reply quickly. If you don't, there's a problem > > > with your DNS setup. > > Could KDE check DNS setup when starting up? I am sure there will > be many unnecessary bug reports otherwise. I think that's asked a bit too much. KDE cannot take responsibility for the whole system. It =may= assume that a nameserver does what its job is. Startup checks won't help much, because the nameserver may change its state several times during a session when used in a dialup environment. Unfortunately there's no simple fix for that ... m. >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<