List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AudioCD - the saga continues...
From:       Carsten Duvenhorst <duvenhorst () duvnet ! de>
Date:       2001-04-15 18:44:46

On Sunday 15 April 2001 05:09, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> #if Carsten Duvenhorst
>
> > I guess for quality reasons. My original patch, as you know, was build on
> > lame 3.87beta.
>
> Ah, I see. Well, it looks like 3.88beta is current, so we don't need
> a CVS version now, right ?

Right. 3.88 will work fine i guess.

> > Should we place a "general" tab in the kcontrol module and open it for
> > device and paranoia settings?
>
> Yes. Who's 'we' ? :)

Hm... can do this next week .... ;)

> > Beside this I think we are in need for a cddb library or kioslave. Why
> > should a user set the settings twice, for kscd and for audiocd? Moreover
> > audiocd lacks the support of a local cd database, which really slows down
> > the whole slave.
>
> Storing downloaded CD info should be easy...

Right, but it makes no sense to store the local data in a different location
as kscd does. But what to do if kdemultimedia is not installed??? Any idea?

> Yes, the kcontrol module is definitely necessary. If only the cddb code
> could use non-blocking sockets (like QSocket) and the UI was better (a
> nice kpart instead of many subdirs - I have the kpart, just need to
> know how to get konqy to load it when audiocd:/ is accessed...)

Yes, I have followed your problems, but the only clue I have is to use
mimetype() to set mimetypes for directories, what is really ugly... ;)