List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] fix for compiling arts with Red Hat gcc 2.96
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-04-15 13:53:28

   Hi!

The patch is in the CVS already (Waldo has applied it). I see that it would
be inconvenient to remove it again to quite some KDE users. In an ideal
world I would revert the patch (because it is /not/ the right thing to do).

But well, the world isn't ideal, and the workaround isn't that bad for the
code, so I'll leave it as it is now.

   Cu... Stefan

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:16:56PM +0000, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I've upgraded to gcc-2.96-80 which compiles now the arts/mcop dir (tested
> yesterday).

It's hard to be sure if it is really the compiler that is fixed, as Waldo
applied the patch just about then:

revision 1.47
date: 2001/04/10 19:57:48;  author: waba;  state: Exp;  lines: +11 -11
Seems like Red Hat's gcc can't access anonymous unions through