Hello. Is there anyway this could also be implemented in KMail? I'm just getting into KDE2 porgramming but I would be glad to help out any way I can. Mark On Friday 13 April 2001 01:45 pm, Rik Hemsley wrote: > #if Shawn Gordon > > > Hi all, > > > > We've gotten a lot of requests to share a single address book between > > Aethera and Kapital and that we also make use of kab as that > > repository. This makes a lot of sense, but on a cursory examination of > > kab, it doesn't have near enough information to support the Kapital > > address book. Now before we just jump in and start changing it to suite > > our needs, I would like to see what the situation is with kab and if what > > we are talking about would be viewed as a good or bad thing. Thanks! > > Sounds like a good thing to me... > > I've written large parts of an implementation of my idea for a kab > replacement, which supports multiple addressbooks, per-addressbook > user-defined formats and pluggable storage backends. There's only one > backend in existance at the moment, 'file' - which is concurrent-access > and NFS safe and seems to work well. An LDAP backend would be easy. Next > I need to think about the design of the searching interface and decide > whether I should be interfacing with kdedb or Qt 3's DB stuff for a DB > backend. > > Perhaps we could discuss whether the approach I have taken will be > suited to the needs of Aethera, Kapital, etc., and if not, how I > should proceed ? > > Rik > > >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<