List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Protocols Services
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <f.gassauer () aon ! at>
Date:       2001-04-13 6:46:14

On 12 04 2001 21:56, aleXXX wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2001 21:08, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 April 2001 19:02, aleXXX wrote:
> > > As a little help against this I wrote the iosave info module for the
> > > control center, but it's not finished yet, docs are missing and some
> > > propagation.
> >
> > IMHO we are still missing the link between protocol and application
> > (similar mimetype to app) especialy for the protocols which can be used
> > with konqueror.
>
> The protocol can be used with _all _ KDE 2 apps :-)
Hmm!
So what happens if I try to use pop3 with konqueror
I get a list of unread mail. -good
If I want to open the first message  -> Error:
You do not have enough permissions to read pop3://gass@linux2/download/1 !
BTW I am not going to user konqueror to read my mail - kmail is much better
:-)).
What we should try to supply is a newbee friendly environment. Freaks will
find their way in any case.
So may be Alexxx's nice list of available protocols could be extended by the
(primarily?) application  using it. AND clicking on this app should launch it.

IMHO this list should not be in "Networks" because the user will not look
there for floppy or bzip etc services.  I suggest System ->
"IO-Services/Protocols"

--
cu
ferdinand