List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: help needed with KIconLoader and icon themes and stuff
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-10 19:24:19

On Tuesday 10 April 2001 18:52, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after digging around in the xml gui stuff for days I recognized that all
> the time is spent in KIconLoader::loadIcon(). (0.5 of 0.8 seconds from
> KXMLGUIFactory::buildRecursive() )
> Using debug output I found that many icons are loaded once with size 16 and

those icons are for the menus ....

> once with size 22, and pixmaps are created on startup for "normal" and for

in the default-settings these icons are for the toolbars ...

> "transparent" mode. I think this is not necessary and could be done on

there are three iconstates:

default: no mousepointer over the button/icon
active: mousepointer is over the button/icon
disabled (used for toolbars) action is unavailable and therefore the icon
appears semitransparent.

> demand. But since this stuff seems to be quite complex I need some help.

Feel free to ask.

> Additionally icons are searched in a lot of directories, are they all
> needed ?

What exactly do you mean by "they"?

Greetings,
Tackat