On 10 04 2001 01:38, Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > Hi, > > It seems that I am in the mood to propose things today :) Anyways, I > wanted to float the idea of moving out the whole information section in the > control panel into its own dialog box that I discussed on IRC with David. > The reasoin I suggested this was that IMHO the control panel is usually > associated with a place where one makes modifications and changes to > affect/control behavior of desktop and related application. Though the > information tab might provide information necessary in accomplishing that > under some circumstances, it is not an essential aspect to make such > changes. > > My idea hence is to move the information module into its own application, > something like ksysinfo and place it under Utilities (K->Utilities->System > Information). This can then be used to relay as much information about the > system as desired. > > Ideas, objections, suggestions, volunteers :) are all welcome... Can't we use K-Menu->System->Information I wouldn't mind to access this information from kcontrol too (similar to Preferences) I think kcontrol is _the_ place to find everything what is needed to setup and control the system. System control and information should be together. Some time ago I proposed little rearrangements of the structure of kcontrol on this list. Got no feedback until now. What I said is basically 1) that almost all what is(was?) in "Personalisation" should be moved to look and feel, except real _personal_ information like email, accounts,address... 2) Configuration of the same "subject" should be found in _one_ place. > > Regards, > Dawit A. > > >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to > >> unsubscribe << -- cu ferdinand on SuSE 7.1 current CVS >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<