List:       kde-devel
Subject:    mime-type group settings for embeddable viewer
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-06 13:26:40

Hi,

while trying to change the default settings for viewing images in
konqueror, I wanted to use the imageviewer rather than the "embeddable
imageviewer" (where it's really hard to determine what is meant by what
as the names are almost identical). But on selecting the mime type group
I only have the choice with selecting embedded viewer or external. What
would be nice is a listing like you get over a specific file type like
jpeg with all viewers for images listed where one could order the
preferred embeddable viewer. I think the reason why that isn't
implemented is that there are mime-types for which one viewer doesn't
cover all types but it would be good to have that so that one can set a
general order of the embeddable viewers easily. Then the first
embeddable one that covers that mime-type would be taken to preview it.
Opinions ?

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org