List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kdevelop bug chasing
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-04-06 10:51:07

Am Freitag,  6. April 2001 04:17 schrieb Jay Locke:

Hi,

> I'm new to Linux/KDE development (and unix development in general.. I'm an
> NT puppy), so I've decided to fix boring bugs with the goal of eventually
> being able to tackle more complex issues.

great, that's how many got started.

> I think I just need to know where to start.  I've been browsing the source
> but have been unable to find where things are happening (for example, bug
> #2308; http://bugs.kde.org//db/23/2308.html).  I can't seem to find where
> that dialog is that prompts the user for the new class method/property
> name.

as Mark already said, do check the version the bug was submitted, in some
cases  it might not be relevant anymore. If you can reproduce the problem and
need to find the right place in the sources, "grep" is a good way. Look at
some rather unique string in the dialog and grep -r "string" in the program's
sources. Or, if you only want to search in the cpp-files find . -type f -name
"*.cpp" | xargs grep "string"

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer